Winter Sessions (Optional Participation)
We will be hitting the field for optional winter sessions soon! Please keep in mind these sessions are a bonus to the spring sessions and will definitely be a moving target, so please be prepared for adjustments along the way.
We are going to start with:
- Sundays (Starting 1/17/2015) from 9:30 to 10:45- weather permitting at Bear Creek High School Turf.
- How will I know if "Weather Permitting" means we are practicing or no we are not? If you look on the BCJSAlacrosse.com website, in the right column is field status. If the field is "Open" we will be out there. We will do our best to check the forecast and base our decision on the upcoming forecast. In general, if it's going to be "around" 30 degrees or warmer, I fully expect to breathing in fresh (brisk) air and listening to the joyous sounds of kids running around a field with lacrosse sticks!
Note #1: The School District will not clear snow from the field, if there is snow on the field, the field will be closed for safety reasons. No we can NOT clear the field ourselves. NO Shovels on the field!
Note #2: We are guest at the field. The Athletic Department has allowed us to use the fields, please ensure that the field is cleaner when we leave than when we arrived. Even if we didn't leave that a particular piece of trash, it's our job to clean it up before we leave. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Required equipment: Approved Helmets, Gloves, and sticks. There will be no contact drills. We realize you may be planning on purchasing or renting equipment later. This will be acceptable; however, your player may be held out of some of the drills to prevent them from being injured. If you have gear, please wear it.
- General format: We will break into several groups and work in age/skill based stations. Some of the stations may include: Speed & Agility, Strength, Passing, Cradling, Picking, Shooting, etc.
- Reminder: You must be registered and current on your payments to participate. If you are unsure, please log into your account - if there is a balance shown, please pay that amount. If there is not an amount due, you're all set.
- The first order of business each session will be a general warm up and stretching. It is essential that your player be geared up and ready to go at 9:30. This means that you will likely need to get your child to practice at least 10 minutes early, depending on how quickly or slowly they get ready. This warm up and stretching portion is an essential part of our safety program.
- If you selected rental gear, we will not be issuing gear until the spring sessions starts in March.